Your Child's Education
Here at Castletownroche NS, we strive to provide an inclusive and holistic education for all,
through a child centred approach to learning. We endeavour to provide fun and stimulating
learning experiences which are engaging, meaningful and promote life skills. We hope that
these will encourage students to become life-long learners. See below for some examples of
the fantastic learning experiences taking place in our school this year. And there are many
more to come!
The Primary School Curriculum outlines what children learn in each subject, the approaches and methodologies used and how children’s learning progresses through the primary school.
- Develop each child’s potential to the full
- Encourage in children a love of learning
- Help them develop skills they will use all their lives
Learn More about this on the Primary School Curriculum website
- Aquatics - First Class – Sixth Class – 7 weeks swimming in term 3
- GAA – The school participates in Sciath na Scoil hurling and football
- Tin Whistle – Tin Whistle is taught by the class teachers
- School Tours – All classes participate in organised class tours each year
- Field Trips – A number of educational trips are organised for each class annually
- Scór na bPaistí – Castletownroche National School Set Dancers, Quiz Team, Instrumental Group, Solo Singers take part in Scór na bPaistí.
- Credit Union Competitions – The school takes part in the Credit Union Art Competition and the Credit Union Quiz annually.
- Science Week – The children prepare and demonstrate experiments in a showcase for their parents and grandparents.
- Baking and Cooking – Several different recipes have been trialled with classes in the school. Bacon and Cabbage has been the favourite!
- World Book Day – The children dress up as their favourite book character to mark World Book day. Each class also designs their own door for a bit of healthy competition!
- Seachtain na Gaeilge – Quizzes, Céilís, class competitions and a concert are held to celebrate seachtain na Gaeilge.
- Coding – Children in the older classes are learning coding with their class teacher
- Dancing – Junior Infants – Second Class enjoy 6 weeks of Dance lessons with Dancing Derek
- Gymnastics – Junior Infants – Sixth Class enjoy 6 weeks of Gymnastics
- Spikeball – Third Class – Sixth Class enjoy 6 weeks of Spikeball
© 2021. All Rights Reserved.
Designed By James Troy